Boy Scout Joining Requirements
- Meet age requirements. Be a boy who is 11 years
old, or one who has completed the fifth grade or earned the Arrow of
Light Award and is at least 10 years old, but is not yet 18 years old.
Complete a Boy Scout application
and health history signed by your parent or guardian.
- Find a Scout troop near your home.
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handshake.
- Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath
or Promise, Law, motto, and slogan, and the Outdoor Code.
- Describe the Scout badge.
- Complete the pamphlet exercises. With your parent
or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet
How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse:
A Parent's Guide.
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference. Turn in
your Boy Scout application and health history form signed by your parent
or guardian, then participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
us if you have any questions.